Terms & Conditions
- Study room use is restricted to current students, faculty and staff at Miami.
- CIM rooms 113b and 113c are specifically designed for Podcasting and video editing only.
- IMC viewing rooms 17 and 18 are specifically designed for group viewing of classroom media materials and podcasting.
- Rooms are not to be used for regularly scheduled classes or regularly scheduled meetings.
- Study rooms are not soundproof. Conversations must be kept at an appropriate level.
- Personal belongings must be removed and trash must be appropriately disposed of before leaving the room.
- Upon entering the room, immediately report any visible damage to staff at the circulation desk.
- Smoking and the use of chewing tobacco is prohibited.
- Study rooms are only available during the Libraries' hours of operation. Rooms must be vacated and keys returned by 15 minutes prior to the library closing time.
- Behaviors that will result in expulsion from a study room include, but are not limited to:
- Disruptive behavior
- Threatening behavior
- Lewd or obscene behavior
- For assistance with the software:
- Chat with a Librarian
- Text a Librarian @ 513-593-9114
- Call us @ 513-529-4141
- Visit us at the Library's Information Desk.
- Reservations are limited to 1 - 2 hours per group per day.
- Reservations may only be made up to two weeks in advance.
- For group study rooms, entry will only be granted when the minimum number of occupants is in attendance (e.g. 2 people for a 2-6 person room, 6 people for a 6-12).
- If you do not plan to fulfill your reservation, please cancel
your reservation. Failure to do so limits study rooms availability. Recurring abuse will result in banning from the system.
- A study room will only be renewed if there are no subsequent reservations, and are subject to the approval of the circulation staff. Renewals may be made only within the final 30 minutes of the reserved time. The patron must bring the key as well as their valid Miami ID to the circulation desk in order to renew a room.
- Study room keys must be picked up within 15 minutes of the reservation time. Failure to do so will forfeit the reservation.
- Study room keys may not leave the library.
- If a key is lost or not returned, the patron who checked out the key is responsible for replacement costs.
- If a reserved room is empty prior to the reservation time and group is in attendance, the room may be checked out early. However it may then be due back earlier than the end reservation time shown unless it is renewed.
- Study rooms keys are due back at the circulation desk at the end of your reserved time. Failure to do so will result in the following fines:
- $2.50 first hour
- $.75 per each additional hour